$site = "publications.iafss.org"; $fullsite = "publications.iafss.org"; $basePath = "/home2/firesag5/private/data/"; ?>
An explosion and fire occurred at Messrs. Metal Colours (Slough) Ltd. Dr. D.J. Rasbash and Mr. E.H. Coleman visited the works at the request of the Bucks Fire Brigade Fire Prevention Officer. It is considered that an overheated nitrate bath exploded and scattered hot fragments which started the fire. Overheating was probably due to faulty controlling mechanism and the absence of an over-riding cut out. Attention is drawn to the failure to observe published recommendations and precautions.